6 years ago
Thursday, August 7, 2008
The Sidewalk's Fault
So I was fixing dinner last night while Allen was outside playing in the rain on the driveway. Suddenly he busts through the front door all upset and yelling that he's bleeding. (He really has a hard time with blood, big or small.) So I go to give him a hug and see what I can do. He has a very small drop of blood on his baby toe. Still, he's pretty much beside himself because of the blood. I just say "I'm so sorry Allen, what happened?" He looks at me with with his big, teary, brown eyes, as serious as ever, and yells "It was the stinkin' stupid sidewalk what did it to me!" (He always says "what" insead of "that".) I had to hurry to hug him so he didn't see me laughing. Could it be that he was riding his scooter barefoot? Naw...it was the sidewalk's fault.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










3 comments:
Darn sidewalk!!
oh man, poor little toe! I remember when you were pregnant with Allen and I was pregnant with Sara. They'll both be four in the fall.
Its kinda funny when my kids run into the wall or cabinet or some other stationary object and then get mad at the structure for bring in their way.
That's funny! At my house - everything is always someone or something elses fault.
Post a Comment