So I have a lot to catch up on. I did this whole blog thing really well when Kirk was out of town in Texas and then I just got lazy I guess. Just because he isn't gone for so long doesn't mean I can give up on my journal. I really need to do better because life goes by fast and what isn't written down is easily forgotten.
And right now I don't want to forget these times in my life. My family is growing up and I think it's a little fast. I wish I would have written more when they were babies, but all I can do is start now I guess.
So tonight we went to an SEOP at Brianna's school with the counselors to plan her senior year schedule. Yeah that's right I said SENIOR YEAR!!! I can't believe it. Where did the time go?! I thought I was a senior just a bit ago. Anyway, she is amazing, so much better than I ever was when I was her age. Her grades are incredible and she is on a great track for college.
She is planning on elementarty ed or maybe special ed or even social worker. We met with a wonderful teacher who didn't try to force her own agenda on Brianna like we have had in the past. Brianna has been taking college classes this year and with her schedule the way we set it up she will graduate high school with almost a year of college credits under her belt. Wow!!!! I could't be more proud of her and all her hard work!
But I have to admit I walked out of the school and almost started to cry. With all this talk about college and moving out, it only highlights the fact that the time with all my kids under one roof is limited. Kirk is always reminding that every stage is fun and he is completely right. (That doesn't mean that sometimes I miss the other ones though.) Right now I need to soak up this next year and enjoy every minute of it!! :)
5 years ago










No comments:
Post a Comment