How about another easy button story?....
This one, however, isn't scary like the last one. We happened to be watching something on TV Saturday when an easy button commercial came on. You know the ones, people push the button and suddenly the product they needed is right in front of them. Well, Rachael was watching and remarked with total disgust..."That's so STUPID!! We have one of those buttons and they don't really work that way. They are just lying to people to make them buy a button so they can get your money. The buttons don't do ANYTHING when you push them."
I had to laugh at that one a little. I had no idea that she really thought the button was supposed to do something. No wonder she thought it was so cool when Kirk first brought it home. She was probably SO disappointed when she pushed it the first time and her biggest dream didn't show up. I know exactly how she feels, too. I remember being a kid and seeing the Scrubbing Bubbles commercials. I was SOOOOO excited when my mom brought them home one day. I thought my tub cleaning days had ended forever! I remember squirting it for the first time completely expecting little bubble men to start floating around the tub making it shiny. I couldn't wait to see them!! Are you kidding me? It's just foam? No cute bubble men? That was the day I realized you couldn't believe everything you see on TV. Wouldn't it be great if they really existed though? I still wish for them every time I see their commercial. (And every time I clean the tub.)
5 years ago










1 comment:
that was so cute mom i am sorry that those little people dont help you clean
Post a Comment