Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Homecoming!!

Well, it looks like Brayden is headed to Homecoming!!  Kirk and I had talked to him a week or so ago about going.  He talked about a couple of girls that would be fun to go with but didn't know if he would go.  The guys he hangs out with aren't 16 yet so he didn't know who to go in a group with.  Well, Sunday, one of the girls in the ward asked if he was going and I told her his thoughts so she invited him into her group.

Monday, Brayden went to the store and bought some Tootsie Rolls and cut out all the letters in his name.  He unrolled several tootsie rolls and put in a letter.  He mixed them up with other tootsie rolls, made a note and put it all in a bag.

 
The note said, "Hey "Toots"  want to roll to the homecoming dance with me?"  When Tanner got home from football practice and it got a little darker outside, he had a friend help distract the girl he was asking and Tanner ran it onto her porch.

On Tuesday night, the door bell rang.  I saw something on the porch so I called for Brayden to answer it.  He opened the door to a garbage bag filled with balloons, a bunch of confetti, and a note that said "Caution: Open Outside".

 
 
Each balloon was filled with something so he grabbed a safety pin and started popping.  Some were filled with shaving cream and some with baby powder, it smelled like :)  He and Allen, Tanner and Rachael started digging through the piles finding words in each.
 
 
Once they got all the balloons open, this was the message:
 

 
 
School dances are so fun!!!  I think they will have a great time :)


No comments: