Friday, September 26, 2008

Preschool


A few of my neighbors and I have decided to start doing preschool with our boys. Since Allen was the most reluctant of the group, I decided to do it at my house first. And by reluctant, I mean, he "hates school" and "never wants to go". On Wednesday I told him we were having school at our house and that I was going to be his teacher "won't that be fun?" His reply, "where are you doing it at?" Me: "oh probably down here in the kitchen or maybe in the living room." Allen: "Well, then I won't come downstairs." Lovely. Might be a long preschool day. But, as he watched me get pictures ready, the puzzles and crayons out he decided maybe he would come. Once all the boys showed up he had a great time. Though he will never admit it. Kirk called to ask him how school went and if he had fun and Allen just answered with a simple "No." Stubborn little twit...he couldn't possibly get that from me. :)
Anyway, the boys were so cute!! I made a weather chart so we could talk about what it was like outside and had a rocket that they put their name on when they come to school and then we sang songs. I let each of the boys pick a song to sing and take a turn leading the song they chose. I was expecting Wheels on the Bus, 5 Little Monkeys, things like that. But these boys all picked primary songs. William sat on the piano bench and just belted out as loud as he could If Jesus Stood Beside Me and soon all the others joined in. OH!! My heart melted. Those 5 boys singing that song was the sweetest thing I have ever seen. I could have kissed them all!! We also sang I am a Child of God and Called to Serve Him. Kai, who was leading the song, sang the chorus as "Awkward, ever awkward". I loved it!! What a good group of kids!



Doing puzzles while we wait for everyone to come.




Cameron

Cameron, Jaxton, William
Allen and Kai







Dillon...really didn't care for puzzles, but he loved my turtle!

No comments: