Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weekend Getaway


Ahhhhh.....I got to relax a little over the weekend. My Aunt Sally had a girls night at her Bed and Breakfast in Spring City. All the girl cousins were invited. So Brianna, Rachael, and I took off with my mom, Julie and Ashlyn for the night. It was so much fun! We ate dinner with everyone when we got there and stayed up late eating treats and talking. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! And I don't think I will need to eat for the next 3 days!!! We sat in the kitchen talking so of course I just ate everything there because it was in front of me. Not because I actually needed anymore! It felt nice to get away from my own life for a while though and relax. We were able to catch up with cousins and aunts I haven't talked to in a while and just have a great time. The kids ran around playing games, watching movies...they all got along great as well. It's fun to rediscover friends in your cousins. Hard to believe though, that I used to be the little kid playing games in the basement. Time goes by fast! Now I'm the grown up sitting around the table talking. Crazy!!
The next morning was still full of excitement as the girls found 2 salamanders in the basement with them. After breakfast they got to ride Sally's horses. What a great trip!! Thanks Aunt Sally. I say we make a tradition out of it and do it again!!
If you are wondering about the boys...they had their own "Boys Night" at my dads. They had just as much fun as we did, flying kites, playing games and helping Bopa with odd jobs around the house. They'd let us girls take off again if it meant more hanging out with Bopa.



2 comments:

tammy said...

Of course Ashlyn loved the salamander, she is a little clone of Julie. It was a fun weekend and I loved seeing the pictures!

Brianna said...

I had so much fun we need to do this again!